Nothing is more iconic of summertime and family time than s’mores. This year National S’mores Day is celebrated on Monday, August 10th. What a great way to have fun together and kick off the week right with this yummy treat. If you are looking for awesome recipe alternatives, look no further! This s’mores cookies recipe is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 150g
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows OR marshmallow bits, divided
- 1 bar Hershey’s Chocolate 1.55oz
- 4 Graham crackers 56g
- Break up the Graham crackers into small pieces.
- Chop the Hershey’s Chocolate bar into small squares, and tear the mini marshmallows in half.
- Combine the flour, salt and corn starch in a large bowl, and mix together.
- Using a stand mixer, or an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, until well combined. Add the egg and the vanilla extract, and mix again until well combined. Add the dry mixture and mix on a low speed until combined. Do not mix too much. Add 3/4 of the marshmallows and the Graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips. Mix again on a low speed.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Divide the dough into table spoon size balls, and place on parchment paper or silicon lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Pull them out the oven and place the remaining marshmallows and Hershey’s Chocolate on top of the cookies, and then bake for an additional 2 minutes.
Allow to cool and enjoy the cookies!