Reading time: 2 minutes
We read this over and over….February is the perfect time to re-examine how we are taking care for our needs, make self-care a priority again and feel good about it. It’s true, but what about the rest of the year? Heart’s month shouldn’t be the one month of the year that we express how much we love ourselves, and others. Am I right?
But let’s face it, parenthood has twenty-four-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week responsibilities. There are no designated lunch breaks, sick leave or vacation time. Plus, when you are a parent, self care can sound a bit selfish, indulgent and wrong. With all this said, self-love can easily become a low priority, while we are busy feeding the baby, changing diapers, wiping sticky fingers, making meals, cleaning up messes, arranging play dates, working, etc. This is very true, but if we think twice, self-care can be one of the best things we can do for our families.
So let’s make a deal, let’s ditch that Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, and instead use this Mom’s Self-Love Gift Guide with some easy ways to express self love and warm our hearts every month of the year.
- The Gift of Sleep with a sleep in or an early night
- The Gift of Solo Time with a me date at your favorite coffee shop
- The Gift of Relaxation with an at-home spa day
- The Gift of Saying No by focusing on your priorities and eliminating things that don’t really matter
- The Gift of Learning with a fitness, crafting or artistic class
- The Gift of Indulgence with your favorite dessert, a glass of wine or your fav TV show’s marathon
- The Gift of Delegating household tasks to other family members
- The Gift of Sense of Direction by setting goals for yourself
- The Gift of Inspiration with a good reading…in bed … in your PJs!
- The Gift of Disconnecting – no social media or unnecessary use of devices for a day.
Self-care requires focus, balance, planning and action but it is essential. It helps us become the best version of us and sets a valuable example for the ones you love the most.
Here’s to you for choosing your gift to love yourself!